Confidence Gap Report
In the news
- Pioneers Post November 2020 WISE (Women in Social Enterprise) 100 Awards
- Enterprising Oxford October 2020 Joy Foster, Founder of TechPixies
- The Times July 2020 Surviving and thriving: the tech education business that is boomed through the lockdown
- The Telegraph July 2020 Is your career on hold? Here’s how to reclaim it
- WeAreTheCity May 2020 Rising Stars 2020 Editor’s Choice Award
- The Times 13 March 2020 Women lead the way
- The Entrepreneur Network March 2020 Report Unlocking Growth: How to Expand Access to Capital
- Business Insider – October 2019 – UK Tech 100: The 100 most influential people shaping British technology in 2019
- Forbes – June 2019 – Do Female Entrepreneurs Approach Risk-Taking In Business Differently?
- Tech Nation – April 2019 – TechPixies Named ‘One to Watch’ in the EdTech Space.
- STELLA – 21 March 2019 – How to Give Your Career a Digital Facelift
- BBC South Today – 30 Nov 2018 – BBC South Today Pops into PowWow to Profile the Women Rebuilding their Confidence Through Tech
- Oxford Mail – 15 Nov 2018 – TechPixies founder praised in 100 Faces survey
- BBC Radio Oxford – 23 Nov 2018 – TechPixies Founder talks #MeToo and Women’s Equality with Kat Orman
- Working Mums – 22 Nov 2018 – ‘A real programme that changes real women’s lives’
- BBC Radio Oxford – 30 Aug 2018 – TechPixies discuss upskilling and returning to work at BBC Radio Oxford
- The Sun – 4 Jan 2018 – Mum’s Comeback (half way down the page)
- Cotswold Life – 7 Nov 2017 – TechPixies wins Enterprise Nation’s Female Start-up of the Year 2017
- The Guardian – 10 June 2017 – BehindBras: lingerie business dreamed up in jail aims to help women prisoners (TechPixies mentioned in article as partner)
- Oxford Times and Oxford Mail – 25 May 2017 – Pixies creating tech magic in Oxfordshire make a wish for a new office and some cash
Latest Press Releases
- 3/10/2020 – TechPixies Announced as WINNER for Digital Course of the Year at Inaugural Digital Women Awards
- 11/4/19 – TechPixies Secures £150,000 Female-Led Funding
- 17/3/19 – Side-lined, undervalued and anxious colleagues are more skilled than them: The truth about women going back to work after a career break
- 13 Nov 2018 – TechPixies founder Joy Foster Wins Suite of Awards
- 5 Oct 2018 – TechPixies wins Women in Business Start up of the Year 2018 Award
- 16 June 2018 – TechPixies launch online platform reaching women across the UK and into Greece and Switzerland
- 19 June 2018 – TechPixies Founder Joy Foster wins Institute of Directors Startup Director of the Year 2018 for London and the South
- 26 Oct 2017 – TechPixies win national award
- 20 Sept 2017 – TechPixies helps London women back to work
- 16 Aug 2017 – Women in Business Awards & 10 Downing Street are on the agenda for TechPixies founder Joy Foster
- 27 May 2017 – Pixies power through crowdfunding target and host PM
- 17 May 2017 – Prime Minister Visits TechPixies
TechPixies’ Logo (high resolution)
The main spokesperson for comment on TechPixies and in relation to women returners, its place in tech, education and equality is Joy Foster, founder and managing director of TechPixes.
Joy is passionate about helping women return to work, change careers or start a business. She was recently recognized by Grant Thornton as one of the 100 Faces of the Vibrant Economy 2018 and was awarded Startup Director of the Year for London and the South by the Institute of Directors (May 2018). She was the only Startup female finalist in the national IoD awards (Oct 2018). For all interview requests with Joy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
History of TechPixies
Joy set up TechPixies in 2015 off the back of Government Equalities funding which helped an initial pilot group of 12 women return to work. Following the success of the pilot, TechPixies won a ‘Grow it’ Award from UnLtd to help scale the programme and launched a successful crowdfunding campaign that garnered a visit from the Prime Minister.
In 2017, TechPixies won Enterprise Nation’s Female Startup of the Year and in 2018, TechPixies won the Women in Business Startup of the Year. Most recently, TechPixies was featured in Stella Magazine and has raised £150,000 in order to scale their programme across the country. In April 2019, they were mentioned in Tech Nation’s Report as ‘one to watch’ in the EdTech space.
You can find out more on the ‘Our Story‘ page.