Joy Foster is the founder and managing director of TechPixies. Joy is passionate about helping women return to work, change careers or start a business. But who is she really? If you’ve never heard of her before, we hope you’ll get to know her and love her just as much as we do here at TechPixies.
Here are some facts you might not know about Joy:
- Joy was born and raised in Colorado
- She is married to Olympic Gold Medallist, Tim Foster MBE (Sydney 2000 Olympics Rowing Coxless 4 Champion along with Steve Redgrave, Matthew Pinsent, and James Cracknell)
- Joy is an avid sportswoman herself and was on the United States Archery team from 2004 to 2007 and was invited to live and train at the Olympic Training Center. She has a gold medal from Women’s Henley 2001 for winning the elite women’s coxless 4. She has run 2 marathons to raise money for cancer research and rebuilding schools in Darfur and completed the Prudential 100 mile bike ride in London to raise money for the NSPCC. Joy is currently training for an Ironman.
- Before setting up TechPixies, Joy successfully launched 2 other social enterprises. While living Switzerland, she co-founded a very successful blog called Living in Luzern which is now a community center with a bi-annual bi-lingual magazine. She also launched a WordPress Development Agency, Made with Joy, which builds websites for charities, organisations and individuals who are making a difference in this world. Made with Joy is now owned by a TechPixie who went through the TechPixies programme.
- Joy is a Mum of two. She is also allergic to cats, but because one of her children adores animals, she was talked into buying a hypoallergenic Russian Blue cat, affectionately named Asteroid Pasha.
- One thing that is really important to Joy is her faith. It drives the decisions she makes on a daily basis, not only for the business but for her family as well.
- Joy loves to paint (when she gets a chance) and is an avid reader, particularly of non-fiction.
- An avid traveler, Joy loves exploring new countries and cultures. She has lived in 4 countries (US, France, UK and Switzerland) and speaks 3 languages (French, German and English).
We hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about Joy!
Now it is your turn!
We would love to get to know you. Whether you just have a general interest in TechPixies or are thinking about becoming a TechPixie, we’d love to hear from you. Drop us a line, register interest or follow us on social @TechPixies: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn OR @TechPixieJoy on Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn.
Photo courtesy of Grant Thornton 100 Faces of the Vibrant Economy – photo credits to JSR Agency (and no… we promise, her kitchen doesn’t look like this most of the time!)