Since 2015, we’ve trained 50 women with 100% of our first 2 cohorts returning to work within 2 years of starting our course. By July 2022, we hope to have impacted the lives of 1500 women.
Joy Foster founded TechPixies in 2015 with the idea that she could help women who had taken career breaks upskill and return to work. After sharing her idea with Tony Hart, one of the Oxford Business Support Network Navigators, she was invited to apply for funds from Better Broadband for Oxfordshire (which was backed by the Government Equalities Office via the Oxfordshire County Council) to launch the first pilot programme.
We are an Award-winning Social Enterprise
In December 2016, Joy was recognised for her work on the TechPixies programme and was ‘Highly Commended’ at the Social Enterprise UK Awards in the Women’s Champion Category. In the same month, Joy secured a £15,000 ‘Grow it’ award from UnLtd, a London-based organisation that supports the work of social entrepreneurs across the country. In September 2017, Joy Foster was a finalist in the Rising Star category for the Women in Business Awards. Most recently, in October 2017, TechPixies won the Female Startup of the Year at the Enterprise Nation Festival of Female Founders.
2017 WINNER Female Startup of the Year
2017 Rising Star Finalist
2016 ‘Grow it’ Award of £15,000
2016 ‘Highly Commended’ Women’s Champion
In September 2017, we set a target of helping 1500 women upskill and return to work by July 2022. In order to hit that goal, the TechPixies team has grown considerably. Many of the women who now work for TechPixies were once TechPixies themselves.
- Joy Foster – Founder and Managing Director
- Ben Newton – Chief Technical Officer and Director
- Shelley Hoffmire – Director
- Emma Woo – Chief Operations Officer (pre-TechPixie processing) – Cohort 1
- Helen Moss-Black – Chief Operations Officer (post-TechPixie processing) – Cohort 1
- Heidi Evans – Graphic Design – Cohort 1
- Elaine Ford – Manages Instagram for TechPixies, course facilitator and in charge of developing our Half Day Courses – Cohort 2
- Jill Bartram – In charge of paid advertising and developing our Sparkle Squad – Cohort 2
- Louise Bailey – Manages Twitter for TechPixies and is in charge of finding and helping to develop partnerships – Cohort 2
- Linda Liede – Website Development & Support, assists CTO – Cohort 3
- Tonia Stengelin – Backoffice Operations
Our main course runs in Oxfordshire and London and will be looking to expand further in the coming months. We are currently looking for socially minded investors to help us scale our programme. We also welcome one off and recurring donations as well as business partnerships. You can find out more on our ‘Help us‘ page. If you are interested in our courses, please register your interest or apply. Feel free to contact us if our website doesn’t answer your questions.